Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Switch controlling Bathroom Light, Fan, and Outlet

Hello,

I have a switch in the bathroom that controls the light, the bathroom
fan, and the "razor only" outlet. I replaced the "razor only" outlet
with a GFCI outlet and all works as it did before. I would like the
outlet to remain powered even when the light and fan are off. I have
read in the newsgroup about the wiring in the switch (which I haven't
looked at). Does the wiring in the outlet box matter?

With the "razor only" outlet, the three cables (each with a white and
black/hot wire) were all twisted together (all three white wires and
all three black wires) to the wires leading to the outlet. I
determined which of these cables was the line/source and relegated the
other two as "load" cables. I wired the GFCI outlet appropriately.
I'm wondering if the wiring in the outlet box needs to be considered
when changing the wiring in the light switch box. Again, I haven't
looked in the light switch box, but there is only one switch that is
either on or off.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations or suggestions!