Posted to alt.home.repair
wendih6

Default Plaster repair

The plaster has come off the underface of the window and about half way to
the floor. It came off after it dried in chunks. I peeled off what would
and there is just wall wood there. I was considering trying to plaster it
myself but then I saw something that said to use drywall and cut it to
fit. What do you think? Thanks

In what way is it damaged? Is the plaster coming off in chunks, or getting

ready to? Does it seem to have separated from the lath (the wood behind

the
plaster)? You can sometimes see this, because the plaster bulges, or you

can
press gently and see if there seems to be space behind the plaster.