Posted to alt.home.repair
Travis Jordan

Default Is two layers of roof felt OK?

wrote:
the home inspectors were a joke, had 2 home inspections on the same
home within a month of one another. the 2 inspections looked like 2
different homes.

That is generally my experience, too. Only once did I have an inspector
make a good call - he was concerned about a stairstep hairline crack in
an outside structural wall, and recommended a structural engineer. The
engineer took core samples from beneath the foundation and found a
vacant area most likely caused by decomposed organic matter in the
original fill dirt. Negotiations with the seller went much, much better
after that.