Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert

Default Sound King skak20ra amp problem:

Dave wrote:
tried cleaning the jack as you said still with same problem of loud mains
hum
just looking on the cicuit board and there is a small component tda2030a,
amplifier i think, that has 4 small burn marks around its solder joints on
the pcb could that be the culprit would that cause the symptoms

Probably. I don't see how plugging a mic into the loop jack could have
caused it, though. Maybe it was something else you plugged in there?

In any case, it does look like it's knackered. You could possibly try
to replace the chip amp circuit.
http://www.electronica.ro/audio/TDA2030A.shtml for a generic schematic
using the TDA2030a; or google your amp model ##...in fact, check out
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data/Sound_King/SKAK20RA__-01.html
where two out of three reviewers had technical problems with the model.

Probably it was just time for this one to go to that Big Stage in the
Sky...not your fault at all.

jak

cheers
Dave

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Hi
i have a sound king skak20ra guitar practice amp
worked fine for ages, but then i plugged a mic jack plug in wrong hole and
all it does is make a fairly loud buzz now.All fuses are ok.
Does anyone have any idea what it could be and if i could repair it
myself, I have fairly limited electronic experience but can solder ok, pcd
looks pretty basic if it was just a case of soldering a new cap or
whatever
hope one of you bright people out there can help

cheers
Dave