Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Yanik

Default Tektronix 2246

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote:

wrote in
ups.com:

Thanks for reply. Glad to hear about availability of TEK CRT's. In
the meantime of Jim advice's I'll use my 2213. Not the same
feeling, definitively.

Daniel

I have a 2213,too.
Nice scope,built it myself,from boards and parts other techs didn't
fix.

[plus a few purchased parts to complete the job,and a FREE
non-salable CRT thanks to Vern Isaacs who ran CRT manufacturing at
TEK.]

That reminds me of the old Johnny Cash song, "I got it one piece at
time". ;-)

http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/c...at-a-time-2214
.html

The first TEK scope I built from old boards was a 5 Mhz 221 mini-scope,but
it had problems in the 4 layer PCBs,I had to jumper too many runs,so I
traded it for boards for my 2213. It's CRT was too small for much
use,anyways.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik