Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

Default Accounts Packages

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Stuart Noble" wrote in message

Mary Fisher wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
. co.uk...

Eric The Viking wrote:

Just down loaded a trial copy of Cash is King which sems to be what I
want.

Can you post the URL? Wouldn't mind taking a look :-)

http://www.foursoftware.co.uk/index.jsp

FIFTY POUNDS A YEAR?

phew!

I wonder what's the payback time ;-)

If you get into the habit of using one bank account for everything related
to the business, your monthly statements *are* your books and you don't
have to lift a finger or pay a penny.

Indeed, but it's interesting to see daily in/outgoings and, for me, the
breakdown of expenses and income. Smart Accounts does that - according to
what I want and controlled by me. I love looking at the pie and other charts
:-)

There are features others may like but I don't need them. A simple in/out
and categorised system is all I need or want, it cost me about £20 some
years ago and nothing since. I could use it for multiple accounts but I
don't.

It's good.

Mary

I paste all my online bank statements into Excel so I can look at it any
way I choose. This has the advantage that I never have to manually enter
anything. Shame I didn't get time to organise such an elegant system
when I was actually making some money :-)