Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster

Default Opinions on Central Heating Controls

Hi all

Yes I know this has been covered before, but things move on, products change
etc.

I am (hopefully) going to upgrade, or have upgraded, the central heating in
my 1970s dump.
This involves some repiping work, along with boiler, pump, zone valves and
contols/programmer replacement.

System is currently (and is likely to remain) vented "S" Plan.

From previous discussions, it is likely that the boiler will be Worcester
Bosch Greenstar 24Ri.
Honeywell zone valves
Grundfoss pump

For these and the unlisted items I would appreciate feedback on recent
models please, particularly programmer/controller and programmable room
stat.

Thanks in anticipation

Phil