Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

Default Dishwasher installation & foil lining of surrounding woodwork

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 11:15:39 +0100, Cordless Crazy
wrote:

I remember seeing some foil type stuff years ago which they (not sure
who 'they' are) say you should fix to the underside of the worktop (and
I think the side cupboards) to protect from the steam/heat.

My question is: Is this required or advised these days especially with
new and much more efficient dishwashers?

I'm installing a new Bosch built-in jobbie (model no. SGV53E03) over
the next week which, being a reasonable good make, I assume should not
heat up the surrounding woodwork like a flame thrower, but who knows.

Any one got one of these installed or any advise?

When I installed the maple timber work/counter tops in my kitchen I was
advised by the retailer to install (your) reflective foil to the
under-surface of the work tops above every heat-producing device ... this
was effectively the under-counter fridge and the dishwasher. The gas-hob
didn't require one as its heat 'goes upwards'. Considering the cost was
trivial in comparison to the timber work-tops, I took his advice! No
experience of operating these devices without the foil (sticky-back)
installed.

--

Brian

I don't have a dishwasher as hand washing dishes is one of my
favourite activities.

Why not foil it anyway to be on the safe side?
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.