Posted to sci.electronics.repair
BR

Default Microwave oven

On 17 Apr 2006 06:40:14 -0700, "Retired"
wrote:

The capacitor showed a short to case after running for about 2
minutes, but would again test OK after being off for a while. The wave
guide and the rest of the oven look A1. The magentron look good also.
No ;I got no heat in that 1 minute that I ran it. I had a cup of water
in it, and it stayed cold. I am beganning to think it is the magnetron
even though I can not prove it.

I used to fix them years ago. I made a resistive divider which I could
use to measure the high voltage at the cathode using a conventional
voltmeter. If the heater windings are OK and the voltage is about 2500
(IIRC) then replace the magnetron.

Cheers.

Bill.