Loren Coe

Default old SEARS air compressor info

In article , DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article , jim wrote:
j.b. miller wrote:

Hello. I've been given a Sears air compressor,2 cylinders, maybe 15+ years
old. Needs valves.
Anyone know who really made it? Sears has no parts(too old). It's in
really,really good shape,so I want to fix it.

Grinding the valves? I think that most of these use reed
valves, so just replacing them may be all that is needed.
Enjoy, DoN.

i believe the valve assy can be removed from the top, it's under any
filter media/assy, sometimes just a felt pad. take it to Graingers,
or measure it and see if it matches anything in their catalog.

or do what many rcm's would do, _repair_ the assy. grin --Loren