Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,uk.d-i-y
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)

Default Urgent! undermount stainless sink advice need!!!

John Weiss wrote:

We are in the process of replacing our counters with granite. After shopping
around, my conclusion is that undermount sinks are not a good idea with granite.
They are better suited to Corian type synthetics.

well... Our sink (Franke BBX 160)
sat on top of the standard sink base unit. The supporting rails were
routed down by the thickness of the sink material so the granite surface
sat flush across the sink and associated line of units.
The Silicone was more of a seal han a glue as the sink is supported by
the unit as intended.

And the tink unit it's self is bloomin' brilliant even if a tad on the
steep (expensive) side.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.