Posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.frugal-living

Default steel frame house cold

What did other people in NY state pay per month for par 1000SF for comparison.

Just for comparison: I live in the 2nd floor of a central new york
2-family house, maybe 700-800 sqft for this floor. Fairly old house; I
think it was built 1910-1920. New insulation in one outer wall, we
shrink-wrapped the windows, there's an empty attic above, and I'd guess
we get some bleed-through heat from our downstairs neighbor.
Thermostat automatically sets at 62 during the day and night, 66-68
morning and evening. Monthly gas bills from Dec-March averaged about
$130 (oven and water heater are gas also).
Hope that gives you an idea of what's reasonable...
Andy