Posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital,sci.electronics.repair
zakezuke

Default Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer

Paul Heslop wrote:
measekite wrote:

if you call canon tech suppt they will at least tell you what the problem is and may give you a clue on how to fix it

Ignore this tosser

This is one of the rare cases where Measekite has valuable input.
Being the K-rad elite hacker d00d as he describes I often forget about
the fact that sometimes... sometimes... there are issues that are
covered well beyond the warranty. Who knows.

As far as telling what's wrong... I linked to the blink codes, support
wouldn't know anything more on that subject. Assuming endless
blinking, that's a ROM problem. Not that you should always assume the
blink codes are accurate, but that sugests the rom is fried, not
connected. Bad solder connection or a power surge, probally a power
surge. Loose wire is always possible.

But he's right, those filthy k-rad hacker d00ds like my self are the
least likely to consider calling technical support. It's worth a shot,
the worst they will do is tell you it's not covered.