Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave

Default Sound King skak20ra amp problem:

thanx I.F i`ll give it a go and tell u how i have gone on
cheers
Dave

"I.F." wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
that should be mic jack into the loop socket
my poor spelling again
"Dave" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
m...
Hi
i have a sound king skak20ra guitar practice amp
worked fine for ages, but then i plugged a mic jack plug in wrong hole
and all it does is make a fairly loud buzz now.All fuses are ok.
Does anyone have any idea what it could be and if i could repair it
myself, I have fairly limited electronic experience but can solder ok,
pcd looks pretty basic if it was just a case of soldering a new cap or
whatever
hope one of you bright people out there can help

cheers
Dave

Sorry for the poor info jak
What i did was plug a mic kack into the look socket on the back (dont
ask me why) and then when i turned it on again all it did was buzz
fairly loudly. none of the volume knobs or anything else works when i
plug the guitar in just a constant buzz
hope that will help
many thanx jak
Dave

Its possible that the loop skt has a break contact like the headphone skt
disconnects the speaker in a domestic amp. It could be oxide on the
contact causing a poor connection and allowing mains hum instead of the
signal through to the final amp stage. With the amp unplugged - squirt the
skt with switch cleaner (WD-40 might do) and work a plug in/out of the
skt, dry off any excess fluid and try the amp.