Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,uk.d-i-y
Rod

Default Accuracy of UK power grid time control?

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

snip

I'm quite familiar with HVDC distribution systems, but more
generators are connected via AC than DC and those DO have to be in
phase and have the frequency controlled to keep the rest of the grid
happy.

BTW: HVDC distribution has been discussed to death on both the
news:sci.electronics.design and news:alt.electrical.engineering
newsgroups.

Mention of HVDC reminds me that the Channel link is one such (at least,
I think that's what I remember). So that prompts me to ask, how closely
synchronised are the UK and France, and indeed the other European countries
with each other?

(Hope I haven't missed this question somewhere else in this huge
thread!)

--
Rod