Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim

Default Steel brackets for making a carpenters workhorse / sawhorse / stool

"B. A. Steel Brackets" wrote...

In practice we have found that 2x2 are fine for the legs and provides
great stability.

I'm sure your brackets are made godd & strong, but still, most carpenters
and painters in the US don't have ready access to 2" square lumber - our
standard building lumber (fir, hemlock, or pine 2x4s) is 1 1/2" x 3 1/2".
Even as a woodshop owner with 8/4 and thicker stock in inventory, I'd rather
pick up something that will work with 2x4s rather than have to mill up 2"
square legs. A 2x4x8 footer runs around 3 bucks these days.

Although your brackets look spiffy, I don't really see the advantage over
what's already available on the market.

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm