Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme

Default New Band Saw Questions

Sailaway wrote:
SNIP
the manufacturers know
more about building band saws than Duginske. skip his BS about
coplaner "corrections".

Dave

BTW, the manual that came with my Griz bandsaw has a section on setup
and tuning *before using the bandsaw* and states that after checking the
wheels for coplanar the top wheel should be shimmed to make the wheels
coplanar. So I guess you're right, the manufacturers know more - but I
suspect they don't always tell...

Correct, they don't. The Jet only spoke of checking that the motor is
coplaner with the pully, not the blade wheels. I don't see a way of
adjusting it, and what really confused me now is a previous post
regarding the same model saw that arrived coplaner.

Harvey