Posted to rec.woodworking
Hambone Slim

Default Steel brackets for making a carpenters workhorse / sawhorse / stool

"B. A. Steel Brackets" wrote...
I have designed this bracket to make it quicker and easier to build a
traditional carpenters workhorse.

Well, I don't think they're gonna sell to well over here on the sunny side
of the pond.

Firstly, we want sawhorse brackets that fit 2x4s (pronounced two-byes in
Murican), which measure 1 1/2" x 3 1/2", of course.

Also, with your design, weight on the top of the horse will stress the
welds. The brackets we have available here at every hardware store are
designed so weight on the top of the horse pinches the bracket tighter on
the 2x4 spine of the horse.

In addition, we also have nifty folding metal and flat folding plastic
horses.

Best I've seen on a job though, a fella made a horse/stool/toolbox
combination that seemed pretty darned handy. Seems to me, a fella walks
onto a jobsite with a box like that, and he looks like he knows what the
possum fur he's doing; other hand, you walk in and start ripping two bys in
half to put together some kind of wobley English sawhorse, well, be good for
a laugh any way, ennit?

--
Timothy Juvenal
www.rude-tone.com/work.htm