Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
yourname

Default gerstner toolboxes-age

I bought an old gerstner for my friend[since it were cheap] and bought a
few knobs and a key from gerstner, but I don't feel like paying them
what, 35 bucks to find out EXACTLY how old it is. I mean, i don't sweat
them the money, they actually do some research and will send you a
certificate, but I am just CURIOUS. It is an older leatherette covered
small box[7 drawer] with the roundier style latch[both lock and hasp are
round at the bottom] and the little washers behind the drawer pulls.
From my cursory web search, it looks like the washers are only on the
leatherette ones, or maybe not. My neighbor has a mid 50's larger box
with a more squarish lock assy.

Any ideas?