Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

Default Who would install network lines?

On 16 Apr 2006 20:50:32 -0700, "cmay" wrote:

I have a house (built in 1920) that I want to have network ports
installed most of the rooms.

I could probably do it myself, but I really don't have the time, and
honestly don't want to risk mucking something up.

Who exactly should I hire to do this, an electrician or someone else?
What kind of fee (not including hardware) should I expect?

If a wireless network is not an option, I would ensure the installer
uses CAT 5E solid core wire for the backbone and twisted pair wire for
the patch cables. (no kinks as previously mentioned)

If you have a local computer group in your area you might contact them
and they most likely will know someone in your area.

Oren
excused from saving Universes."