Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default Remove Electrical Junction Box

They make 3 and 4 Switch Switches for a Single Gang box.

I've used these, they can get tight, but better then tearing a bigger hole
in the wall.
http://www.passandseymour.com/pdf/A19.pdf

Scott-

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello!
First of all, many thanks in advance for taking time to answer my
question.

I would like to add 2 additional switches to 1 existing switch, as
I would like to install 2 additional lights. Since I cannot extend the
existing 1 Gang box (it is plastic and no side screw holes for
extension), the only option I have is to remove it and put in a new 3
gang junction box.

However, the challenge here is that the existing junction box is
nailed to the stud behind my drywall. When I open the face plate, I can
see only the junction box, no extra space for my hand to go around to
pull out the nail. Any suggestion ?

Use hammer to destroy the existing box, then pull the screw out ?

Many Thanks in advance.
Shawn