Posted to alt.home.repair
Tim Mulvey

Default Matching orange peel texture

"Carlos" wrote in message
ps.com...
I just patched a wall where it used to be a wall gas heater and now I
have encountered the challenging task of matching the texture, I
believe that the texture is orange peel just by the looks that I have
seen in the internet. I bought some kit ( a plastic sprayer) and I used
some already made texture compound (both spray and compound are Homax),
I put it to the appropiate setting for orange peel, but it just doesn't
look right. The resulting texture produce drops of compound that are
round and raised, while the existing texture looks flat (my assumption
is that when they used the texture machine the forced to which the
drops of compound where launched is way stronger that what I can
achieve with the plastic spray, and therefore the drops when the hit
the wall gets flat) . Any ideas on how I could accomplish that round
flat drop other than renting the machine just for that 27x62 wall
patch? I will appreciate your input

Carlos

Carlos, it sounds like you have knockdown texture. Spray the wall with
almost the same size spatters ( drops ), wait till it starts getting a
little firmer (10 to 20 minutes), then lightly knockdown the bumps with the
widest drywall knife you have.

Tim