Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default TV power supply

Each unit must run on its own supply. These supplies are current rated for
one unit only. If you can find a single supply that is of double the current
rating, then using 2 units on one supply should work. But, you will be back
to your space problem again, because the double rated supply will be
physically much larger.

There is the other senerio, where dedicated supplies can have particular
safety sensing for the one unit that it is supposed to work with. By using
another type of supply, this safety aspect will be defeated. This can lead
to another set of problems.

If you are using the monitors for commercial purposes, and need to have
space savings, get them changed to monitors that have built in supplies.
This may be the best alternative for you.

You can't get around the laws of physics!

--

JANA
_____

"tommaz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wonder if anyone can help - I have a 15 inch lcd tv with digital
freeview receiver. They each have their own power supply adaptor, one
at 12v - 4.2amp and the other at 12v - 1.25amp output. Becauase of the
lack of space where the tv sits I wanted to run both tv and digibox
from the one power supply adaptor. Is this possible/safe to do and
which supply do I use - 1.25amp or 4.2amp?

Thanks

Tommaz