Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Microwave oven

It sounds like the magnetron is shorting or pulling too much current when it
is powered up.

Is for myself personaly, when my personal microwave oven fails, if it is not
a small easy fault to service, I replace the complete oven. Many of the
models now carry a 3 year warranty. If you amortize the cost over the 3 year
period, the cost is very cheap.

--

JANA
_____

"Retired" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a GE microwave oven that just stopped heating. I have checked
and found the problem to be in the high voltage section. I found the
high voltage diode shorted and the high voltage capacitor going bad.
I've replaced both of these, but it still does not heat. When I
rechecked I again found the diode shorted within 1 minute of running.
The magnetron tube was replace 3 months ago and the transformer tests
good. The magnetron tube show no short to case. Also no shorts in
transformer, and correct ohms on each winding. Has anyone run into
this, or have any ideas?
Retired