Posted to rec.woodworking
charlie b

Default TS Safety

Tanus wrote:

Ray Miller wrote:

I would suggest a trip to the library or book store. Books by Kelly
Mehler have excellent advice on using the table saw safely. Also a good
solution to your problem.

Ray

Thanks Ray,

I was hoping to avoid buying yet another book, but as soon as I saw
your suggestion, I realized this was one I should have. I've seen
Mehler's name quite a bit, so I'll search him out tomorrow.

Tanus

Might want to have a look at this stuff, before, or in addition to
getting a book either from a library or bookstore. Goes over
some of the physics - with diagrams even. and the things you can do to
counteract or avoid problems Understanding what can get you may
help avoid getting got. Personally, I think the best of the "saftey"
equiptment on a table saw is a riving knife, not a splitter but a
riving knife. I prefer not using a guard - gets in the way both
physically and visually.

http://home.comcast.net/~charliebcz/KickBack1.html

Knowledge is power - and can save you a lot of grief

charlie b