Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Complete newbie roofing question

"Kevin Hawerchuk" wrote in message
My handyman has been misleading me, unfortunately. He is trying to
tell me that the soffits that run along side the trailer, allow enough
air to enter the roof to circulate and ventilate the roof, WITHOUT roof
vents.
This didn't make sense to me and I told him I do want a turbine roof
vent installed.
Now I'm wondering if he didn't do a complete cockup job on the roof.
He did not install actual intake vents. The soffits are perforated
though. He added insulation to the roof, but I'm not sure if he left the
soffit area clear so that the air can flow to the ridge.

No turbine needed. If the soffits are properly done, you are all set,
especially in your mild - cool climate.