Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Need advice on buying first riding lawn mower

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 19:52:04 -0400, "user1234"
wrote:

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news

I live in a small town also, but have access to a half dozen brands. Did
you check the local farm equipment stores? Garden supply shops? Outdoor
equipment stores? I'd go for a John Deere myself.

Slightly OT, but did you see the movie "Straight Story" ?
(I think that was the name). Based on a true story about
this 70+ yr old gentleman who traveled across 3 states
on a 20 yr old John Deere riding mower (to visit his ill
estranged brother, who was recovering from a stroke). It
was a very good movie.

I saw most of it, the last 2/3rds. I almost posted here myself, but
forgot? I wanted to ask about what sort of brakes would be found on a
tractor that size.

I enjoyed it a lot. Didn't know the name until you possibly gave it.
(They used to announce the movie when they showed one on latenight tv,
but the station here doesn't do that anymore. If you don't see the
first minute of the movie, that's your last chance.)

Them John Deeres just keep on plugging along.

I don't doubt the quaility of John Deere, but the phrase comes to
mind, "A promotional consideration has been paid for the use of a John
Deere mower."