Cordless Crazy Cordless Crazy is offline
Senior Member

Question Dishwasher installation & foil lining of surrounding woodwork

I remember seeing some foil type stuff years ago which they (not sure who 'they' are) say you should fix to the underside of the worktop (and I think the side cupboards) to protect from the steam/heat.

My question is: Is this required or advised these days especially with new and much more efficient dishwashers?

I'm installing a new Bosch built-in jobbie (model no. SGV53E03) over the next week which, being a reasonable good make, I assume should not heat up the surrounding woodwork like a flame thrower, but who knows.

Any one got one of these installed or any advise?