Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 1st time homeowner with gas log question

Well, I took the whole shebang apart today. No mfg name on it anywhere.
Nor do I see any provision for a pilot light. The gas comes into the
fire place, it goes in the tray where all the sand and gravel is and
makes a couple of s-bends. I end up with two rows of pipe on the front
that have holes in them for the gas to come out (burners). I have to
assume that I'm just supposed to turn on the gas and light the thing
with a fireplace match in front of one of the gas outlet holes on one
of the burners. shrug