Posted to alt.home.repair
PDQ

Default Lp to Natural gas for BBQ

"Paul Olmsted" wrote in message ...
| Was looking at Lowes this morning at bigger BBQ's. I thought I'd like to
| have one I could connect to the house Natural gas with a quick connect. Can
| you convert these BBQ's? They do have a commercial one that is Natural gas
| but about $100 more. But maybe if converting an LP to Natural would run
| about the same, maybe it wouldn't be worth doing it. The commercial was also
| bigger than I want. I'm just tired of dealing with the tanks. Thanks.
|
| --
| Paul O.

All you need to do is get a new orfice. NG is about 1/2 the btu output of propane so the orfice should be 2 times as large. There is a bit more to it than that so just reaming out the current orfice will not get the desired results. These changes usually cost about $40.

See your local BBQ dealer.

--
PDQ