Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

Default Wood Mulch Danger?

"J Huntley Palmer" wrote in message
What are the dangers in mulch that landscapers use?

I heard that sometimes old wood from pressure treated wood will wind up in
the mulch. Pressure treated wood contains copper arsenic that can leach
into the soil or perhaps under foot and introduced into the house where
your baby is crawling.

I was told that wood mulch also attracts termites to your house and should
kept at least 6" from your house.?

There should not be PT in your "hardwood" mulch. I suppose it is a matter
of whether or not you trust your landscaper.
However, unless you child eats it (or burns it), it is pretty harmless.

Don't know about termites.