Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Simon Scott

Default Laptop battery won't output voltage SUCCESS!!!!!!!

e wrote:

On 16 Apr 2006 10:39:49 -0700, "Goldenshuttle"
wrote:

Getting a schematic of a laptop battery is harder than getting a
nuclear fusion details...they keep it away from electroFans 2 keep
sucking our money......Anyhow, Ur problem may(and may not) be solved by
creating an external (smaller duty) cell group, connect it in parallel
with the old one b4 disconnecting the cells 2 test them independently.
This is bcoz some of electronic board inside the battery may shut off
premanent and lose code if cut off power.

Good luck

I was right. I found a spec sheet on the processor and somehow managed
to reset it.
Battery just finished fully charging.
when I did reset it I got no light when I pushed the button.
Thought I totally broke it, but it made sense - it didn't think it was
charged. It charged pretty quickly so I don't think it was totally
dead.

Please explain

I have an old Celery craptop here that I bought a new battery for, it worked
for about 3 charges before refusing to charge again.....

What exactly did you do?