Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default TV power supply

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
Dave D spake thus:

No offence, but by asking a question like that you demostrate that you
really should leave things as they are and forget about experimenting
with expensive electronic appliances!

Fuses are not current limiters the way you think, they are a failsafe
device to protect an appliance when either the power supply fails or the
device itself develops a fault. They prevent catastrophic damage in the
event of a short or fault condition and do not 'limit' current to a
normally working device.

No offense, but technically speaking, fuses *are* current limiters; it's
just that they can only perform that function once when the current
exceeds their rating.

That's what I said, did you even bother to read the OP's post and my*full*
reply before putting your foot in your mouth?

Dave