Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

Default Fusible resistor selection

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:04:38 +1000, "Russ_Verdon"
verdonsATtpgi.com.au wrote:

Hi, I think this guy collects the wire for selling as scrap copper. It is
all he takes. I saw him once, he just uses a knife to hack through the
cables, be it power cords, signal cables from monitors or anythimg else.
I have lost count of how many cords I have had to attach to scavanged
equipment to test .

Regards Russell

PS I got a 21 inch monitor off the kerb today, thankfully it had an IEC
socket and separate signal cable. It even goes( just a tweak of the screen
control and focus required.)

It's amazing how people (even supposed technicians) have been
brainwashed into thinking that most electronics isn't worth repairing,
or cannot be repaired. It's sad, actually...

Tom

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
Russ_Verdon spake thus:

Hi, I just fixed a 19" monitor rescued from the kerb (LICOM N9054LP),

and I
got there before the annoying man who goes aroung cutting off all the

cables
from appliance did!

I'm curious about this part of the story: who is this guy, and why does
he go around cutting off cords from potentially good appliances? Is this
some kind of official function? or is he just an asshole? What
municipality is this?

--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez vous une plus de Scientologiste
dans le vat de l'acide.

- from a posting in alt.religion.scientology titled
"France recommends dissolving Scientologists"