Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily

Default Slanted screen on CRT monitors

"EJohnson" wrote in message

Hello,

I have a couple CRT monitors ViewSonic 15" and Proview 19" both are new
but have problems...the entire screen on both of them are crooked or
slanted. I took them apart and there is no ajustment for this...what
can I do? Thanks for any replies

--
EJohnson

Are you sure there's no adjustment ? Many modern monitors have a skew
adjustment in software, that allows the picture to be rotated
electronically. You can also get what looks like a twisted picture, if the
top/bottom and sides trapezium/ parallelogram adjustments are both out.

The Dell monitor that I'm using right now, has no less than 11 'soft'
adjustments for raster geometry, including width, height, v.shift, h.shift,
rotation, side pincushion, side pincushion offset, trapezium, parallelogram,
top corner flickout and bottom corner flickout. Between all of these, it is
possible to get the picture near as dammit, perfect. I'd be surprised if
your monitors hadn't got a similar set of adjustments.

Failing that, assuming you are saying that the picture is rotated, rather
than distorted, it's a case of slackening the deflection yoke clamp, and
rotating the whole assembly slightly. However, you might want to take care
if you do this, and consider whether the level of error that you have, is
worth the trouble, as rotating the yoke can be difficult if the rubber
wedges have been silicon rubbered to the CRT bowl, and may lead to
compromised purity and corner convergence anyway.

Arfa