Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
john

Default Newbie question on precision thread

jim rozen wrote:
In article , Matthew Zenkar says...

Many thanks for all the replies.

I get the feeling that I'm somewhat out of my league here. I do not
have a mechanical background, and I have been teaching myself what I
need to know for my project as I go along. I'm doing the best that I
can under the circumstances, and the help is appreciated.

By all means then, obtain and read a catalog from an optical house
supplier. Like the McMaster Carr catalog, they provide excellent
tutorials. You can learn a great deal about nearly any optical
fundamentals that way, including the basics of translator design
and the specification of exactly what detailed requirements you
will need.

Jim

Edmond Scientific specializes in optics. I bought my first 6 inch
reflecting telescope mirror kit from them many years ago.(1957) They
are located in New Jersey.

John