Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

Default single FCU for double socket?

Darren Cooper wrote:

I have a 13A FCU which has a single socket for the dishwasher. I want to
change this to a double socket for the washing machine and tumble dryer,

You neglect to mention what powers this FCU... i.e. it is on a ring
final circuit, or is it a spur from one, or on its own radial. What size
cable feeds it, and what protection device (rating and type) does it
have in the CU?

assume I need to change the FCU to a 20A switch,

Possibly, what type of cable connects the FCU to the socket?

is this correct and OK part
P wise?

If it is in a kitchen then no.

--