Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Need help - Repairing Electric lawn Mower

Joey wrote:
wrote:
Greetings! I have a Black and Decker electric lawn Mower. I have
problem with the handle - which you have to grip to start the lawn
mower. Now I have to grip really very hard to start and mow the lawn.
Does any one had this problem? How did you solve it? This mower is
about 4 years old. With thanks.

Sounds like the switch needs replacing OR (I know someone will give me
heck about this) just jumper the switch so you won't need it. It's a
safety feature.

If you're having to grip (squeeze) the handle very hard perhaps it is
just a "mechanical" adjustment that is needed.

Griping the handle activates the switch, take a look at how it works &
see if you can tweek the handle or the switch. maybe the nub on the
switch is worn.

Not a great idea to defeat the switch (but I've done that sort of
thing), it's a safety feature.

cheers
Bob