Posted to alt.home.repair
Paul M. Eldridge

Default 1st time homeowner with gas log question

Hi Mark,

Yes, you are, of course, correct and, indeed, that was the sound of me
wacking the side of my head.

I'm rather surprised your code doesn't require the removal of the
damper (that is stipulated here in Canada). I guess the assumption is
the homeowner has enough sense to open the damper himself (true for
most of us but perhaps a leap of faith for others). Is there an
oxygen sensor on these logs?

Cheers,
Paul

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:06:49 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

That's CO (no 2). My gas logs are installed in an old fireplace and
do set off the CO detector if the damper isn't opened.