Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin Mormon

Default air conditioner circuit breaker trips

It sounds a lot like your unit is drawing excessive amperage.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"A.Taylor" wrote in message
news I live in Dallas and the weather has been very nice until today. Today
decided to use the central A/C, the unit ran without incident for
maybe 20
minutes than the circuit breaker tripped. I reset the breaker and 10
minutes
later again the circuit breaker tripped (The a/c was cold before the
breaker
tripped and returned cold after I flipped the breaker). What is going
on
here?

I believe I have a heat pump unit (you know the one that gets cold but
not
as cold as someone with a regular unit). Thanks in advance.