Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default TV power supply

"tommaz" wrote in message
oups.com...
I wonder if anyone can help - I have a 15 inch lcd tv with digital
freeview receiver. They each have their own power supply adaptor, one
at 12v - 4.2amp and the other at 12v - 1.25amp output. Becauase of the
lack of space where the tv sits I wanted to run both tv and digibox
from the one power supply adaptor. Is this possible/safe to do and
which supply do I use - 1.25amp or 4.2amp?

Thanks

Tommaz

Absolutely not. The 4.2 Amp power supply is highly unlikely to have been
designed with a safe extra 1.25A capacity, and connecting both appliances to
it is sure to kill it. The smaller supply doesn't even have half the
capacity that the LCD requires, so it goes without saying that it won't run
both applainces!

Dave