Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.engineering.electrical,alt.horology,uk.d-i-y
Andy Wade

Default Accuracy of UK power grid time control?

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Thanks very much for those useful snippets, Andy. When it refers to a 10
second error in electric time, do you know if it refers to a 10 second
error from the true time at any instant (assuming that the sychronous
clocks were set to the correct time at an instant when the electric time
was correct), or a 10 second cumulative error week on week, month on
month, etc.? It isn't immediately clear to me.

I assumed it means the former, i.e. ±10 s 'absolute' error, but
"electric time" is not defined in the extensive definitions/glossary
section, nor do the strings "electric time" or "electric clock" appear
anywhere else in the complete Grid Code document (546 page PDF!). For
your latter interpretation they'd have to specify the accumulation
period, and I can't see any such specification.

--
Andy