Posted to rec.woodworking
eclipsme

Default New Band Saw Questions

Thank you all for the replies. I will try it with a resaw blade - I
purchased a 3/4" blade along with the saw for just that purpose. If that
works out, I guess I will leave well enough alone.

Harvey

Steve DeMars wrote:
Sounds like a voice of experience . . .

Always wonder about some of these "tune-ups" that are needed according to
authors of Woodworking Books . . .

Would we go to Cher for piano repair and tune up expertise?

"David" wrote in message
eclipsme wrote:
I just got a new Jet 14" closed base band saw. As I was putting it
together, I was impressed with the fit and finish of the pieces, esp.
after reading some of the comments others have made concerning their new
saws, particularly the Delta band saws.

Once I got it all together, I put a straightedge on the 2 wheels that
the blade goes around, and found that they were approximately 1/4" out
of coplaner. This results in the blade being a bit beyond centered on
the upper wheel and a bit before centered on the lower wheel.

The saw seems to cut ok, without excessive noise or vibration - at least
I think so. I have never owned a band saw before. Is this a problem? Do
I need to call the dealer on Monday?

Thanks,
Harvey

Leave it alone. I've been there, and made the mistake of "correcting" a
BS to coplaner. I had to undo the "correction". the manufacturers know
more about building band saws than Duginske. skip his BS about coplaner
"corrections".

Dave