Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry

Default Something nasty in the swimming pool ...

Terry wrote in
:

Nigel Molesworth wrote in
:

I've just started to get my swimming pool ready after the winter. I
was hooking out a load of leaves then spotted a pair of dead rats!

Any suggestions on the ppm level of Cl I need to make it sake?

Having asked a Microbiologist friend of mine, his answer was that HE
would never swim in the pool until it has been drained, cleaned and
refilled.

Rats carry diseases harmful to man - dead rats rotting in water will
encourage may more bacterial growths harmful to man.

Hope this is of some help.

I should have added that in his opinion, the level of Chlorine needed to
"make it safe" would be nearing the toxicity level. But this is an
educated guess rather than an expert opinion.