Posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.telecom,uk.comp.vendors,uk.d-i-y
David Wright

Default What are regulations for Easter trading? [OT]

I think it's stupid they have to close on Easter Sunday, it's only a
Sunday like any other, nothing special about it, why shouldn't I be able
to shop just because a few silly people think it's a special day.

Geez, what did you do 15 years ago when all shops were closed on Sundays,
and some shops even closed at noon on Saturdays? Must have really panicked
you!

I reckon there is no more money to go round with 7-day opening - people just
spread their shopping over more days - if all shops closed on Sundays again,
I wonder if it would affect takings?

D.