Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

Default Lead in 50 year-old plumbing solder?

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 15:59:05 -0400, mm wrote:

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 03:11:22 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Keith" wrote in message
news

Still there, though now they're blaming mercury and antibiotics for autism
and whatever ails the masses think they have.

Not quite. Mercury, in thiomerisol, is a preservative in vaccines (or it
used to be) and the autism rate increased considerably since it was used.
There have not been scientific test, but anecdotal evidence points to it as
one in 162 children is autistic to some extent. China had virtually no
autism until they started using US made vaccines with it.

They were just talking about this on NR or CSpan. Thiomerisol is now
out of all the antibiotics except one. I missed which one.

But though they took it out, I think your right that it was never
proven to be the cause of autism.

I dopn't have a strong opionion either way, and I haven't heard about
China When did they start using the vaccines (there have been a lot
of changes in China.)

Tehre is nothing about China (other than they _report_ fewer cases of
autism than the US). It was thrown in as a red herring.

--
Keith