Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.solar.thermal,alt.energy.homepower,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Solar Flare

Default GFX vs home brew

Well the efficiency of heat exchange factor is not the only
efficiency. A purchased and installed product at 5% efficiency is much
more economical than a well designed, thought out, project that will
be implemented sometime after getting a 'Round Tuit

Efficiency of installation ease.
Efficiency of installation time.
Efficiency of product parts and pieces aquisition
Efficiency of marriage after the home space displacement.
Efficiency of trial and error costs.
Efficiency of maintenance.
Efficiency of computer time arguing about imaginary issues.
Efficiency of home resale after the newfangled frankenstein
paraphenalia is seen.

"Robert Gammon" wrote in message
. com...
Solar Flare wrote:
GFX nick
efficiency 6 7
price 5 3
convenience 9 1
wife likes 6 0
----------------------
total score 26 11

GREAT scoring system.

Particularly since GFX is non clogging and works with ALL sewer

waters
(grey and black).

Efficiency is NOT the only criteria here. If we recover 40% to 60%

of
the waste heat, we have made MAJOR strides in overall DHW production
efficiency. Convenience, non-clogging, wife friendly are all MAJOR
concerns.

Price is NOT the only factor either, but price and efficiency are

Nick's
main concerns.

Nick's will have to be connected ONLY to non-toilet drains. Nick's

will
have to be periodically cleaned of matter that goes down kitchen

sinks
and out the clothes washer drain.

None of these are concerns with GFX.

If we can afford one of these, either of these, these other factors,
besides price and efficiency may well be MORE of a concern to the

rest
of us.