Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
jim rozen

Default Newbie question on precision thread

In article , Matthew Zenkar says...

Many thanks for all the replies.

I get the feeling that I'm somewhat out of my league here. I do not
have a mechanical background, and I have been teaching myself what I
need to know for my project as I go along. I'm doing the best that I
can under the circumstances, and the help is appreciated.

By all means then, obtain and read a catalog from an optical house
supplier. Like the McMaster Carr catalog, they provide excellent
tutorials. You can learn a great deal about nearly any optical
fundamentals that way, including the basics of translator design
and the specification of exactly what detailed requirements you
will need.

Jim

please reply to: