PM

Default can anyone help me?

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 08:45:41 +0100, "PM"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 17:24:06 +0100, "PM"
wrote:

Why is the Fernox so much more expensive (5x) than the other?

Pete

I can give you two reasons.

1) Fernox products have been on the market for donkey's years (at
least 25) and the results are well known and demonstrated.
The Screwfix product may well be the same stuff but is an unknown.

Having used the Fernox stuff for over 25 years I *know* it works.

In the context of a heating system costing typically £5k on a
commercial basis, £20 is neither here nor there.

True, but if the cheaper stuff does exactly the same job I'd rather pay
£3.50 than £20

Ah, but you won't know for three or four years and by that time it
might be Too Late (to quote Milne).

I think it might already be too late - I've got no idea how much inhibitor
is in the system, I suspect very little and one rad has already rusted
through from the inside.

2) Why does a dog lick its parts?

Just cos they can doesn't mean I have to like it :-)

I don't think I'll write the comment that just occurred to me......

LOL

Pete

(A colleague of mine actually said "LOL" to me once!)