Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Scott

Default Newbie question on precision thread

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 18:55:25 -0500, Matthew Zenkar wrote:

Many thanks for all the replies.

I get the feeling that I'm somewhat out of my league here. I do not have a
mechanical background, and I have been teaching myself what I need to know
for my project as I go along. I'm doing the best that I can under the
circumstances, and the help is appreciated.

Have you considered a differantial screw? Basicly a left hand pitch
working with a right hand pitch. By selecting the differance you can come
up with some very fine feeds and with a couple of tricks one can reduce
backlash to near zero.

Scott